Become A Befriender
What’s a Befriender’s role?
Area of service: Surrey Heath
Hours: An expectation of one visit of approximately one hour per week. Flexible day and time.
Purpose of the role:
- To befriend an older adult, to improve their emotional health and wellbeing and promote their independence
- To make life more fulfilling for people who may be socially isolated
- To cultivate new friendships in our community
- Visit a person referred to the service on a regular basis at a time agreed with that person
- Talking and listening
- Inform the Befriending Coordinator of any changes, worries or concerns
- Complete a Monthly Befriending Report and submit it to your Befriending Coordinator
- A good listener and a clear communicator
- Patient and reliable
- Discrete and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to respect others’ differences and choices
What will you get out of it?
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people affected by loneliness in your community
- Receive a one-to-one induction and individual/group support sessions
- Receive agreed out-of-pocket expenses within our guidelines
Please get in touch.